2011/04/06

Conservatives: Facebook is Part of the Obama Plot

Picked up this little tidbit over at The Fox Nation.  Original story here at Yahoo! News.

Apparently, conservatives are now outraged because Facebook intends to hold an online town hall for Obama and is considering hiring Robert Gibbs to be its new communications director.  Apparently this is an outrage that is causing conservative activists to cancel their Facebook accounts in protest.

I wish I could link directly to some of the comments on Fox Nation, but I'll just quote from them instead:

"I really like Facebook because I can keep up with my friends; however, if Gibbs is hired, I'm gone. Then it's only a matter of time before our posts will be monitored."



"My whole family closed the account weeks ago. Did not see the need to help a progressive site along any more."



I can only imagine how exhausting it would be to fit every single event that occurred on a daily basis into your narrative about the massive, evil forces that were aligned against you.  But when I patrol the right wings blogs, new sites, etc. that is exactly what I see people doing.  Every event is suspect.  Every coincidence is proof of the evil plots of shadowy enemies.  I can't imagine expending the much energy on something so absurd.

Of course, I'm sure it's only a coincidence that Fox and its parent News Corp., owner of MySpace, is helping to push this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment