2011/03/15

Fox News Is Despicable

I just watched Sean Hannity do an interview with some religious dupe.  I believe he said that he was from a Franklin Graham affiliated organization.  According to every report I've been reading, the disaster response in Japan has been about as good as you could reasonably expect given the scale of the damage.  But based on one video that Hannity had playing in the background, he asked about the lack of response personnel.  This was the perfect setup for previously mentioned religious dupe to tout his own organization's contribution to the rescue effort while disparaging the efforts of the Japanese responders by saying that they didn't know what to do.  (I don't have a transcript, so I'm only paraphrasing.)

He then said they were providing physical, emotional and spiritual comfort to the afflicted.  Forgive me, but given the state of the country and the ongoing disaster, I suspect that the Japanese people might prefer if you just provide the physical comfort and keep the criticism of their soldiers and leaders and the "spiritual comfort" to yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment